Summertime in Park City is nothing less than spectacular. Warm summer days drift into refreshingly cool summer evenings. Without the hustle and bustle of winter sports enthusiasts, the town takes on a new, more relaxing personality.
Resort Summer Activities
The Canyons - One of the country’s largest winter resorts offers you an equally large number of summer activities and events. In addition to fresh mountain air, The Canyons provides dining, scenic gondola rides, breath-taking hikes, expansive array of mountain bike trails and live music concerts.
Farmers Market - Each Wednesday from 1pm until 5pm, enjoy the fresh produce grown by local farmers at the base of The Canyons
- Saturday, July 17: Big Light Band
- Saturday, July 24: Big Sam’s Funky Nation
- Saturday, July 31: Langhorne Slim
- Saturday, August 7: Cracker
- Saturday, August 14: Railroad Earth
- Saturday, August 21: Dangermuffin
- Saturday, August 28: Chuck Prophet
Deer Valley - This summer season, join Deer Valley for a summer filled with lift-served mountain biking, hiking, scenic chairlift rides, dining on the deck of Royal Street Café, outdoor concerts and mountain bike races.
- Wednesday, June 23, 2010: Motherlode Canyon Band
- Wednesday, June 30, 2010: Lash LaRue
- Wednesday, July 7, 2010: George T. Gregory Band
- Wednesday, July 14, 2010: The Matt Lewis Band
- Wednesday, July 21, 2010 Wisebird
- Wednesday, July 28, 2010 Jeanne Marie Rettos
- Wednesday, August 4, 2010 Bryon Friedman
- Wednesday, August 11, 2010 The Mana Poly Allstars
- Wednesday, August 18, 2010 Ryan Hiller
- Wednesday, August 25, 2010 Shaky Trade
- Wednesday, September 1, 2010 Radius
Park City Mountain Resort - Among the many other things to do, stop by the Park City Mountain Resort for a great family day on the mountain! Open now through October 17, 2010.
- Mountain Coaster
- Zip Line
- Chair Lift Rides
- Alpine Slides
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Bungee Launcher
- Park Silly Sunday Market - Park City’s Historic Main Street becomes a mini market every Sunday afternoon with a lively festival atmosphere. You’ll find handcrafted jewelry, clothing, and much more at this unique event
- Summer Concert Series – The summer concerts in Park City have become a famous for locals to gather. Pack your wine and picnic in, and sit on the grass to listen to some great musicians and vocalists. Many concerts are FREE.
- Plaza Palooza — Free live Music at Silver Star Plaza – Thursdays, 6-9 pm – Park City Mountain Resort -435.655.3456
- Frontier Bank Concert Series – Wednesdays beginning June 30, 6-8 pm – Deer Valley Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive South, Park City, UT 84060
- Deer Valley Summer Concert Series
- The Canyons Concert Series
- Park City Arts Festival
Other things to do
Biking & Hiking - The hills surrounding Park City offer more than 150 miles of public trails ideal for hiking and biking.
Fly Fishing - The Provo and Weber Rivers offer some of the greatest fishing for Rainbow Trout in the Western United States. And, while you fish, enjoy some of the most beautiful landscape anywhere.
Golf - Golf courses in and around Park City offer a wide variety of challenges, not to mention breathtaking scenery. There are seven public courses within ten minutes of The Park City Peaks. More Info
Horseback Riding - Ride back in time to the Old West on a horseback adventure into the mountains. See the mountains of Park City from a whole new cowboy perspective.
Hot-Air Balloon Rides - See the city from a bird’s eye view – there is nothing more amazing than floating lazily into the sky. It’s an experience no one coming to Park City should miss!
Ice Skating - In the summer? Yes!! The Park City Ice Arena stays open all summer long.
- Historic Main Street – Art galleries, souvenir shops and lots of one-of-a-kind retailers line Main Street in Park City. Spend an hour or an entire day!
- Tanger Outlet Mall - For the fanatical shopper in your group, the Tanger Outlet Mall is sure to be a hit. Brand name stores and reduced prices are just a couple of reasons why even Salt Lake City folks make the trip up the canyon. More Info
Summer Activities in Salt Lake City
- Historic Temple Square - Walk the lush grounds of the Mormon Temple, or sit in on a Mormon Tabernacle Choir session. Learn about the rich and colorful history of the people who settled Utah in the mid 1800s. 50 West South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150-0001 – (801) 240-2534
- Lagoon Amusement Park - The largest amusement park for many hundreds of miles, Lagoon offers the diversity your family will enjoy. With an enormous water park, tons of rides, Pioneer Village, and lots of shows and entertainment, you may need more than one day to enjoy the whole park. 375 Lagoon Drive, Farmington, Utah 84025 801-451-8000
- Hogle Zoo - 2600 Sunnyside Avenue Salt Lake City, UT 84108-1454 – (801) 582-1631
- The Living Planet Aquarium - 725 East 10600 South, Sandy, UT 84094-4409 – (801) 355-3474
- Red Butte Garden - 300 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City,UT 84108 Phone: 801-581-IRIS (4747)
- Tracy Aviary - 589 East 1300 South, Salt Lake City,UT 84105-1111 Phone: 801-596-8500
- Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum - 444 West 100 South, Salt Lake City,UT 84101 – Phone: 801-456-5437