Spring skiing in Park City is a great way to take advantage of a slower season but still get the benefits of our great skiing conditions. Visiting Park City in the spring time can provide some great deals on accommodation as well as some great local events like the ones listed below:
March 5th – 7th – The Jr. Olympics Nordic Ski Jumping Competition is taking place in Park City during this week and it is sure to be one of the Park City events that draw the biggest spectator crowd. Why not come out to help support these junior Olympic athletes and watch some great skiers in action!
March 8th – 10th– If you like wine, skiing and fundraisers than Red, White and Snow, the premier fundraiser for the National Ability Center is the Park City event for you this March! This three-day event celebrates some of America’s top chefs and vintners drawing both to Park City by offering a unique opportunity for them to mingle and share their expertise with some of the local and visiting skiers. The weekend is made up of a variety of wine tasting, dinners and skiing and culminates with a gala dinner and auction. You can register for the event at the Red, White & Snow website.
March 16th – April 7th – The Fox School of Wine Weekend Wine Series starts in March and continues through to April. This Park City event offers classes on Friday and Saturday nights from 6:15 to 7:00 pm. Each class is 45 minutes during which attendees will try 5 different types of wine, study the different aspects of the wine including: growing region, grape characteristics, wine labels and learn wine vocabulary. The class costs $25.00 a person and sells out quickly so we recommend signing up in advance! This is a fun way to learn a little more about wine (while tasting some great vintages) and expanding your wine vocabulary and knowledge.
March 3rd – April 7th – This year at Canyons Resort, they’re hosting a Spring Concert Series on Saturdays free of charge. These live music concerts are a great way to end a long day of skiing and include some top musical talent. All concerts begin at 3:00pm in the resort village. The upcoming schedule is:
- Saturday, March 3: Ugly Valley Boys
- Saturday, March 10: Patwa Reggae Band
- Saturday, March 17: Warsaw Poland Brothers
- Saturday, March 24: Little Feat
- Sunday, March 25: John Brown’s Body
- Saturday, March 31: Martin Sexton
- Saturday, April 7: Junior & Transportation
If you’re coming to town for any of these Park City Events, why not try staying at our Park City Peaks Hotel? Our Park City hotel, is conveniently situated near all of the major tourist attractions in Park City and we have all the amenities you need to get the most out of your visit!
There’s much more to do in Park City than just ski. In fact, one of the best things you can do when in town is visit our historic main street where you’ll find unique shops, art galleries, local dining choices, boutiques, coffee shops and much more! Characterized by Victorian-style buildings and a quaint atmosphere, Main Street is a great example of some of Park City’s best features.
When looking for things to do in Park City, we always recommend stopping by Main Street’s 19th century thoroughfare, which has been (and still is) the premier shopping district in Park City since vendors set up shop to help sell miner’s their wares. With plenty of restaurants, bars and recreational service providers all housed behind colourful wooden storefronts on both sides of the street, you’re sure to find something to entertain you no matter what you’re looking for.
Things to do in Park City: Main Street Highlights
We have some favourite spots on Main Street that are worth visiting including:
- The Egyptian Theatre Company – This is where many of the films for the Sundance Film Festival are screened and hosts ongoing live events as well as, movies and stage performances.
- Looking for some low-key drinks with friends? Try the Wasatch Brew Pub that brings in a lively weekend crowd, and boasts great pub fare.
- Have a woman in your life who loves shoes? Bring her by Mary Jane’s one of Main Street’s unique local boutiques, filled with shoes, clothing and accessories for every taste and budget.
- Check to see what events are in town while you come to visit. Main Street is the venue of choice for many of the Park City events that come to town including our Miner’s Day Parade & Celebration as well as the July 4th traditional Independence Day celebration.
Main Street is just one of the many great things to do in Park City. Make sure you check back at our Park City Peaks Hotel blog in the future for more of the things we think every Park City visitor should experience!